Valdosta City Schools
Mission, Vision & Beliefs
Mission The mission of Valdosta City Schools and J.L. Lomax Elementary is quality teaching and learning, resulting in superior performance for all.
Vision Our vision is to prepare students to pursue infinite possibilities for the future.
In Valdosta City Schools, we believe
Beliefs 1. Positive relationships, high expectations, and a safe environment are essential for quality teaching and learning.
- All students have unique needs and learn when provided relevant instruction and support.
- Students, teachers, and leaders must utilize critical thinking, digital literacy, and technology skills to be globally competitive.
- Effective educators motivate and engage students in the learning process.
- Continuous improvement, collaboration, and shared decision making among all stakeholders are fundamental to teaching, learning, and school effectiveness.
- Activities beyond core academics promote relationships and connections that are critical to student learning and life-long success.